Job Title: Business Development Manager
Department: Corporate Sales
Reports to: Corporate Account Manager
Key Purpose of the Role:
The primary role of the Business Development Representative is to prospect for new clients by cold calling, networking, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients. They are also required to present new solutions and services to clients. This requires a thorough knowledge of the solutions/services the company can provide, and of the company’s competitors. Consistently achieving/exceeding monthly sales targets through profitable sales.
- Qualify leads from marketing campaigns as sales leads.
- Attending arranged appointments set by lead generation team.
- Prospect potential clients through cold calling (site visits & phone calls) and emails.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/Principals.
- Handle objections by use of a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Report to the Sales Manager (line manager) on weekly/monthly/quarterly sales results.
- Submit weekly progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Track & record activity to ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM system (Salesforce.com), particularly leads/opportunities.
- Forecast monthly & weekly sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity of leads/opportunities to close deals and meet targets.
- Previous Business Development Representative/Manager or similar role.
- Experience within the telecoms industry desirable.
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques, including cold calls and appointment setting.
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- Experience with CRM software (Salesforce)
- Familiarity with MS Excel (analysing spreadsheets and charts)
- Understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent communication & negotiating skills.
Attend industry functions, such as association/chamber events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends within your assigned region. Identify opportunities for campaigns and services that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Personal Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- 20 days’ holidays raising to 25 days’ holiday (one a year for five years)
- Strong Social Club
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Referral Scheme @ €2000
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people to align. This is the DNA that defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.