Overall Role Purpose:
The Customer Services Technical Support agent will play a key role in delivering excellent customer services support in areas of technical support. The agent will be responsible for handling customers’ queries and faults, and ensuring these issues are brought to resolution in a timely fashion. Both phone support and email support, as well as web based chat support will be delivered.
Job Title: Customer Services Level 1 Technical Support
Reports to: Customer Services Team Leader
Location: Magnet Networks, Dublin 17
(Describe the key tasks and responsibilities the role-holder has on an on-going basis)
- Gathering customer’s information, determining the issue, assessing the situation and working with the customer to resolve the problem.
- Keeping the customer updated through the duration of any queries or faults.
- Liaising with level 2 technical support, as well as other Magnet Networks’ departments to ensure the best customer service is delivered.
- Keeping clear and accurate records of their daily work, using several tools and systems to do so.
- Administrative functions including case management, system management and reporting where necessary.
- Making sure any SLA agreements are adhered to.
- Using any escalation points that are needed during their daily work.
- Remain up-to-date with products, delivery methods and technology beyond scheduled training.
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
This is a rewarding role with emphasis on targets and delivery. As self-starter and motivated individual, the candidate will have:
- Familiarity with Broadband and Telephony services.
- Knowledge of basic IT concepts, IP, Broadband and voice technologies.
- Experience in a customer support environment is an advantage.
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner, patience and an ability to explain technical procedures over the phone is essential.
- Team player – working in co-operation with colleagues and local management teams.
- Self-motivated, detailed and organised.
- Clear concise English, both oral & written communication skills are required.
- Computer literate (to include CRM knowledge, ideally Salesforce).
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate and deal with difficult customers and situations.
- Ability to work within a KPI driven environment.
- Initiative, drive, decision-making capability, and time management skills
- A customer-oriented approach.
- Sales experience would be an advantage.
Key Competencies required for this career level:
- Previous Telesales experience
- Experience or knowledge of CRM, in particular Salesforce
- Strong IT skills
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Good detailed understanding of a range of data technologies, such as DSL and Fibre services.
- Competent understanding of VoIP technology; its uses, and how it is delivered, implemented and trouble-shooting.
- Passion, understanding an d empathy are essential
- Taking care of the details and a flair for recording information clearly and concisely.
- Communication. You are a great communicator, written and verbal, with a truly collaborative approach
- Exhibit team leadership skills.
- A good diplomatic approach and a compromising approach-mentality when working with customers.
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritize.
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people and partners to align. These DNA defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.