Job Title: Customer Technical Support Representative
Department: Customer Services
Reports to: Customer Support Manager
Location: Clonshaugh Dublin
Key Purpose of the Role:
An opportunity has arisen to join the Magnet Networks Customer Support Team. At Magnet Networks we take pride in our delivery of excellent customer experiences. The role is to provide telephone and email support to residential & business customers on broadband, Voice and Wireless services, primarily in the areas of technical support, general technical queries and connection advice.
- First point of escalation for customers in the resolution of technical voice and broadband queries
- Gathering customer’s information, determining the issue, assessing the situation and working with the customer to resolve the problem
- Resolve customer queries during first contact using established procedures and systems.
- Liaising with Level 2 technicians and field engineers to resolve more complex issues that require escalation
- Liaising with internal departments to assist with the resolution of general customer queries
- Liaising with external service providers and vendors to ensure that customer issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Handling cases within SLA and ensuring customers issues are brought to full resolution
- Administrative functions including case management, system management and reporting where necessary
- Provide support to team colleagues and team Manager
- Remain up-to-date with products, delivery methods and technology beyond scheduled training.
Experience & Skills:
- Familiarity with Broadband and Telephony services
- Knowledge of basic IT concepts, IP, Broadband and voice technologies
- Experience in a customer support environment is an advantage
- Professional and pleasant telephone manner, patience and an ability to explain technical procedures over the phone is essential.
- Team player – working in co-operation with colleagues and local management teams.
- Self-motivated, detailed and organised
- Clear concise English, both oral & written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrable ability to negotiate and deal with difficult customers and situations
- Proven PC skills, especially MS Office (ECDL or equivalent)
- Ability to work within a KPI driven environment
- Previous sales experience desirable
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Personal Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- 20 days’ holidays raising to 25 days’ holiday (one a year for five years)
- Strong Social Club
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Referral Scheme @ €2000
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people to align. This is the DNA that defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.