Overall Role Purpose:
This position as a IP Systems Manager/Engineer will be working within Magnet Networks involved in the development of new products and new technologies
The successful candidate will be maintaining & supporting all existing and future Voice, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Hosting & Systems equipment, servers & products
They will be supporting all existing and future Voice interconnects with other Telecom providers.
IP Services Engineer will be involved testing all new Voice, Wi-Fi & TV devices, CPE, apps and Software applications for interoperability with our infrastructure
(Describe the key tasks and responsibilities the role-holder has on an on-going basis)
- Work as part of a team to develop new Products and Technologies for Magnet Networks Group
- Manage and maintain existing Voice, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Hosting Systems Infrastructure
- CIRPACK MGC and MG and Database server.
- CIRPACK SBC
- Voicemail Configuration Servers
- Legacy current PBX Servers
- Asterisk Kamailio Servers
- IPTV System (Wowza, AppearTV)
- Legacy current Email Website Hosting
- AWS other Virtual Server Infrastructure
- DNS, SMTP other services
- Testing Customer PBX, Handset Other CPE interoperability.
- Be part of a 24×7 On Call Rota.
- Write test strategies and test plans based on product specifications
- Perform tests and produce detailed test reports
- Deal with problems and produce Root cause reports on Systems and products
- Be able to discuss and provide feedback
- Deliver on commitments to customers, both External and Internal
- Other duties as assigned
- Some travel for training may be required
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
- 3rd Degree Level Education in Science, Engineering, IT, Computing, Maths or similar technical field.
- CCNA (Or Equivalent Experience)
- LINUX Sys Admin (or equivalent experience)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience deploying, testing, or supporting LINUX systems.
- Experience in managing/deploying CIRPACK Voice Switch
- Experience in managing/deploying Wi-Fi and Voice Systems an advantage
- Familiarity with MS/MySQL & Scripting
- Proven Linux System Administration Skills
- Experience with AWS/VMware/Hyper V or other virtual Server Infrastructure
- Experience with IT/Network monitoring & management systems e.g. Cacti/Nagios/SNMPC/Solarwinds Orion
- Experience with Protocols such as SMTP, DNS etc..
Key Competencies required for this career level:
- Previous Telesales experience
- Experience or knowledge of CRM, in particular Salesforce
- Strong IT skills
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Selling. Consistent overachievement of sales and productivity goals
- Taking care of the details and a flair for recording information clearly and concisely.
- Communication. You are a great communicator, written and verbal, with a truly collaborative approach
- Exhibit team leadership skills
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise.
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people and partners to align. These DNA defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.