Job Title: IP Systems Engineer
Department: IP Systems
Reports to: Systems Manager
Key Purpose of the Role:
This position as a IP Systems Engineer will be working within Magnet Networks Group (Magnet Networks, Global and Velocity1) involved in the development of new products and new technologies
IP Services Engineer will be maintaining & supporting all existing and future Voice, Wi-Fi, IPTV, Hosting & Systems equipment, servers & products
IP Services Engineer will be supporting all existing and future Voice interconnects with other Telecom providers.
IP Services Engineer will be involved testing all new Voice, Wi-Fi & TV devices, CPE, apps and Software applications for interoperability with our infrastructure
Essential Skills & Experience (key competencies)
- 3rd Degree Level Education in Science, Engineering, IT, Computing, Maths or similar technical field.
- CCNA (Or Equivalent Experience)
- LINUX Sys Admin (or equivalent experience)
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- 2+ years’ experience deploying, testing, or supporting LINUX systems.
- Experience in managing/deploying Wi-Fi and Voice Systems an advantage
- Familiarity with MS/MySQL & Scripting
- Proven Linux System Administration Skills
- Experience with AWS/VMware/Hyper V or other virtual Server Infrastructure
- Experience with IT/Network monitoring & management systems e.g. Cacti/Nagios/SNMPC/Solarwinds Orion
- Experience with Protocols such as SMTP, DNS etc..
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Personal Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- 20 days’ holidays raising to 25 days’ holiday (one a year for five years)
- Strong Social Club
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Referral Scheme @ €2000
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people to align. This is the DNA that defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.