Key Purpose of the Role:
Magnet Networks are looking for the successful candidate to be the New Product Solutions Champion. This will require the successful candidate to work closely with our clients in order to deliver leading edge products that maximise the sales opportunity in play. This position facilitates leading the organisation into the next phase of product development as well as ensuring that our core products are built on solid technical foundations and are kept relevant to markets changing requirements. This role requires the candidate to work at all levels within Magnet Networks along with supporting sales and customer engagements. The primary location of this role will be in our Dublin offices based in Clonshaugh and Sandyford.
Job Title: Product Manager
Reports to: Marketing Director
- Assist the Product Director in defining and developing new Magnet Networks products
- Work closely with Magnet Networks management and stakeholders to ensure the effective introduction of new products into Magnet Networks and defining new business processes with cross-departmental teams
- Responsible for working with the product director in defining product strategy, developing and executing the product roadmap and developing detailed market requirements
- This role requires advanced technical/industry knowledge. An entrepreneurial product leader responsible for defining, developing and leading how we deliver services to our customers. Focused on the customer experience with an ability to understand and translate market opportunities and customer needs into product requirements and solutions.
- The successful candidate will identify market direction, what’s important to customers, where technology and features are evolving and where the company can effectively compete. The candidate should have a working understanding of the technologies relevant to customers that buy our services including Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, security, firewall, IOT, cloud PBX etc.
- Lead the development of new products and product features by understanding the market and product requirements
- Lead technical qualification meetings with customers to understand their needs and develop into products.
- Look for the edge of technical solutions, liaising with vendors, attending technical conferences and trade shows.
- Develop product direction and make recommendations to the Senior Management Team on product strategy based on input from sales team, marketing, engineering, products, customers and prospect customer discussions.
- Engage in sales strategy discussions with Account Team to understand our technical/commercial challenges.
- Develop and present training for the sales team and wider organisation.
- Speak at / deliver presentations and demonstrate products / solutions for external audiences at press events, conferences, road-show, webinars, and other venues.
- Provide technical expertise to business development projects
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications or Technical field is essential
- Engineering experience in a sales environment is essential
- Experience in successfully delivering NPD/NPI Projects
- Experience in a Retail and Wholesale Telecommunications organisation is essential
- Proven results collaborating directly with customers
- Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation
- Exceptional knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies is essential. Good understanding of telecom products such as Dedicated Internet Access, IP Transit, layer 2 and layer 3 networking, security, firewall, 4G/LTE solution, cloud PBXs etc.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of various access media options such as Fibre, Wireless, VDSL, FTTx, xPON, 4G etc
- Proactive and self-motivated – ability to drive projects and assignments
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both internal and external communication. Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues.
- Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision, able to manage multiple projects, team player and make decisions demonstrating sound business judgment
- Innovative and lateral thinker with the tenacity to see things through to a successful outcome
- Familiarity with MS Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook & Salesforce
- Knowledge of Irish Telecommunication market is essential
- Death in Service Benefit – 4 x annual salary
- Personal Health Insurance (currently with VHI)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 5% contributory Pension (after 6 months)
- Educational Sponsorship Programme
- Cycle to Work
- Tax saver
- Free Parking
- Free Fruit for Employees (Monday + Thursday)
- 20 days’ holidays raising to 25 days’ holiday (one a year for five years)
- Strong Social Club
- Free Company Events
- Free Broadband
- Referral Scheme @ €2000
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people to align. This is the DNA that defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.