Key Purpose of the Role:
An exciting opportunity has come available for a Project Manager at Magnet Networks. We are seeking someone who can lead a wide range of projects, both internal process and system changes to external customer network deployments. With more than 15 years’ business experience and 5+ years in Project Management, the selected individual will project manage, organise and coordinate the work of a variety of contributors.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: Chief Customer Officer
- Provide clear objectives to project team members.
- Manage and deliver projects within time, scope and budget.
- Work as a multi-task project manager maintaining key relationships with other departments including; sales, legal, finance, provisioning and operations.
- Get the best out of project team members and help clear roadblocks that may occur
- Facilitate customer delivery. Manage a variety of work which may include more than one concurrent project involving diverse and complex technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop/maintain key relationships during the project.
- Use best practice project management methodologies to manage and complete the project.
- Collaboratively plan budgets, manage project spending, provide explanations for budget status and anticipate budget issues in time to act.
- Keep all relevant parties informed ongoing, throughout the project. Notify stakeholders of new input from clients and proactively assess impact of requested changes.
- Responsible for driving contract review, negotiation and signoff.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate successfully in an ambiguous environment.
- Proactively identify areas where objectives may not be met, notify internal stakeholders and drive prompt resolution without impacting client satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technical subjects quickly, converse effectively with customer technical personnel, and appreciate technical subtleties.
- Respond positively to challenges, ensure high quality delivery of all projects and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Must be strong PM in dealings with 3rd Party Suppliers and demanding client.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and be self-directed while collaborating closely with a diverse team. Key qualifications include:
- BSc in Networks, Engineering or IT with 5+ years of project management experience in technical environments involving fast paced delivery cycles.
- Recognised Project Management Certification like PRINCE2, PMP or related is preferred
- Strong technical background; practical experience in engineering preferred, including rapid process development and/or working with complex systems.
- Must have proven Project Management experience in IT or Telecom’s projects.
- Ideally has experience managing international projects
- Strong focus on customer satisfaction
- Excellent planning, organising skills with a focus on meeting project deadlines.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills who is capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written.
- Results driven and committed to high standards of project management.
- Ability to demonstrate decisiveness and good judgment. Effective problem solving skills.
- Understanding of technical specifications, process improvement / lean methodologies.
- Must be flexible and able to accept rapid changes. Ability to drive effort under deadline pressure while maintaining a collaborative, calm, and pleasant demeanour at all times.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Senior Project Owner (C-level executive) to understand, document and execute on project.
- Current or previous experience of Project Managing large scale international infrastructure deployments on behalf of our clients.
At Magnet Networks, we have a set of core values that we require all our people to align. This is the DNA that defines how we operate as a business. These Values are;
- Customer: Excellence in Customer Experience, every time
- Challenge: Challenge and innovate for growth
- One Team: Take ownership, deliver a one team
- Fun: Celebrate success, quirky and fun
- Grow: Shaping the future, be all we can be
- Fresh: Earn trust through ‘Fresh’ and open communications
Note: FRESH is an acronym for Friendly, Respectful, Empathetic, Supportive & Honest, which defines the traits we expect from each other. It is important that our teams and partners also portray these values when working with our teams and our customers.