Job Title: Senior Director – Global Technology Operations
Key Purpose of the Role:
Magnet Networks initiated a strategic focus in 2016, of moving from being an Irish only Telco/ISP to one with a truly Global focus. This expansion has over the last 2 years, generated year on year growth rates in excess off 100%. In August 2018, Magnet Networks created a new Global Division to allow for greater focus on the growth challenges of our Customers around the world. Phase 1 of the build out of the Global Division build is almost finished, with the recruitment of our Regional teams in APAC, LATAM and the Middle East now done. The Regional teams are supported 24*7*365, by our Global Shared Service Centre in Dublin.
We are now recruiting for a Senior Director – Global Technology Operations, a critical role in envisioning and enabling the further growth of the Global business through our demonstrated Technical, Product and Professional Services leadership. Strategic thinking and strong business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well versed in current technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts. If you are also an excellent communicator and public speaker, we’d like to meet you.
- Innovation must be in the DNA: Staying at the cutting edge of emerging technology, particularly in Connectivity and in SMART City/IoT is vital.
- This position has global responsibility for developing and executing strategies on product development, technology transfer, as well as providing technical support for existing commercial products.
- Responsibilities include ensuring successful commercialisation of new products/services from R&D into commercial deployment as well as process optimisation activities for marketed products/services.
- The candidate will foster effective cross-functional working relationships with internal and external team members.
- This position requires working closely with Business Development teams in Dublin and Globally, Network Engineering, and Customer Operations teams.
- You will apply innovative technology and quality-by-design principles and execute on key strategic operations projects to achieve business objectives
- This role is responsible for building out and leading the Global Pre-Sales and Professional Services teams, both in Dublin and in the Regions.
- The candidate will have demonstrated a high degree of Technical Project Management and Pre-Sales expertise in International environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Life Sciences or related field from an accredited university is required; Master’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 20 years of Telecoms/Technology experience, with at least 10 years’ experience successfully managing teams and 5 Years at Director Level.
- Proven International Experience and a willingness to sometimes take the path less travelled to enable customer success.
- Travel – Approx. 33% to include International travel for periods up to 1 week.